Pages

28 May 2010

Music is so awesome, but I don't make it as much as I used to

There was a time in my life that I would play music... a lot.

I had a guitar. I had a voice. I could use them both at the same time. And yet, these days, I just stay on my home... catching up with the TV from 2004.

..probably the year that I was "into" music. :)

But just a few minutes ago, I was listening to Sebadoh's "License to Confuse" & really missing MySpace.


If I'm forced to think about it, I probably stopped playing the guitar & singing when I started playing Guitar Hero.


I guess the reason I miss MySpace is because at the end of your blog posts, you could put what you're listening to. I always found that whilst perusing the old posts, I was most interested in what I used to listened to.

I could tell my mood from what I was listening to. I could tell how awesome i felt by the lyrics.

Today, "License to Confuse" starts with a rather angry riff; rock it out & then admit "I'm not attractive today, I'm not a sight for sore eyes."

Today, my entry tells you how fox-tastic I am NOT feeling.

Despite that, I still played some music on my guitar.

Well, not MY guitar. Roger's guitar, since he was under the weather and it seems that every time I play guitar & sing, he gets happier for some reason.

It's probably because I'm not a very good rhythm guitarist. :)

But the point of the story is that Roger gave me my dream guitar for my birthday: A Seafoam Green Squire Fender Strat with pretty pick-ups and a matching Honeytone mini-amp that I can clip into my skirt and rock out with anywhere I'd like! It even has a freakin' hardcase.....

SOMEone loves me!

Why haven't I taken pictures of it yet? I don't know.

But I do know one thing: The first ting I learned to play was "Undone (The Sweater Song)" by Weezer. It's the only song that's easy enough to repeat over & over again and still sounds rad. ESPECIALLY the talking parts.

I need to get pictures of me rockin' out... making music and making music awesome!

What kind of music are people listening to today? What kind of moods are you feeling? I didn't see any music features on your blogs either. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...