|I sure needed a makeover! Many thanks to Patty & Pauline at Shear Irish!|
When I was younger, I was wild and full of dreams. I had only just gotten into the Beatles & Elliott Smith, picked up a guitar and started writing songs. I had yet to really delve into crochet and film history, let alone the art scene in San Francisco. There was a lot to be discovered. One of those discoveries was wearing my hair short and pink. :)
A lot of people know that I just wrap my hair in a bun or a ponytail and go to where I need to be. Probably cos I don't like spending a ton of time on my looks these days. So my friends & fans are always surprised when I show them how long my hair is. I guess one of the subconscious reasons for always putting it up was cos I missed it being short and out of the way.
So, I figured, if that's how it's gonna be, it was time for a change!
Having finally realised that, I decided to book a hair appointment today! My friend & fellow artist, Bettina from icky the great, had had a wonderful experience with Shear Irish in the Parkside, San Francisco last year. I had spent too much time asking friends for hair referrals (or even experimental haircuts! Eeep!) to eff around any longer.
So I check them out on Yelp and found out about their offer for the rest of the month!
- Side swiped bangs (for future emo moments)
- Textured curly layers (so that I don't have to style it)
- Shorter in the back, longer in the front (reversing bad 80s mullet effects of an ill-advised self-haircut a few months earlier had caused)
- Chunks of HOT PINK within the layers (for a subtle punk look)
- Grey hairs gone wild! (in my quest to achieve the Rogue from X-Men bangs look one day!)
Great fricken day to drop some cash & see some seriously awesome results! Thanks so much to Patty & Pauline for helpin' this nerd get some rad back into her life!